Traditionally, Highlight Video is a Series of Amazing Visuals Patched Together with Voice and Music!
We highlight Video in Vancouver with examples and strategy. Since there are tons of videos out there showing highlight reels such as, funny cat videos, hilarious internet videos or sports themes.
The simple strategy of combining highlight reel in best of footage with a Musical soundtrack, some titles. Possibly, adding a voice-over is a clear way of getting your message across.
Video Production Services in Vancouver – by Red+Ripley from Red+Ripley on Vimeo.
Discussing best Practices, Highlight Video Vancouver
Let’s discuss some best practices when using this technique for your corporate videos and commercials!
When you’re representing your brand it’s important to focus on a great vision that gets you excited and build out some specific outcomes which you can measure. With these simple foundation pieces, it is a lot easier to define your target viewer and what kind of communication they want to receive.
Coral Health – Creating a More Connected Future in Healthcare – Video by Red+Ripley from Red+Ripley on Vimeo.
Advertising is simply building a bridge between your brand and viewer who can’t wait to learn more. Think about it, the best of highlight video is kind of an amazing montage video brought to life!
- Create a powerful vision and idea for your brand to hit some target outcomes
- Work with an amazing producer to capture your idea and execute your vision
- Work with the series of contractors or allow your producer to project manage
- Perform research and combine that text and inspiration into a script
- capture that script with a voice-over talent which you cast using an online service or from your personal contacts
- Find a purchase some amazing stock images and footage to be used for the visuals
- Find a great royalty free audio track to bring the emotion of the peace to life
- Edit everything together to form a narrative story line which complements the brands outcomes and vision
- Compliment your script with some titles to emphasize key points and drive your message home
- Finalize your edit for publishing on social or video hosting sites to embed on your website
In other words, those are simplified step-by-step production when it comes to a highlight video.
Know more how pros do it!
Film and Video in Vancouver Done by the Pros
Story and Concept in Creating Strong Highlight Video in Vancouver
I have many articles which emphasized the importance of story and concept because you can probably read the above list and realize that any contractor in the world can handle creating a strong highlight video which shows all the best of and presents a message.
Westin Travel Brilliantly – For a Better You – Agency Commercial from Red+Ripley on Vimeo.
This style of video can be pretty labor-intensive but can have a huge payoff for your organization. Especially done with a touch of tact and and a lined storyline with key messages and a clear call-to-action.
So make sure to capture your event with the idea of getting thousands of views. Maybe that amazing audience will pick up your project and share it. Even your friends and family are going to have to check out this video as there’s going to be a long shelf life to this project. Video nowadays can stay up on the web indefinitely.
Combining Forces with Strong Brand to Instant Credibility
Consider joint-ventures where you work with clients and engage them to do a case study on their brand or sponsor your production. Your idea will really speak for itself and some extra credibility helps.
I love this idea of sailing in the wake of success.
Taste of Nature – Dragonboat Festival – Event Activation – Video by Red+Ripley from Red+Ripley on Vimeo.
Combining forces with another strong brand to instant credibility. To simply put, it is the foundation of trust and once that amazing trust is built, you don’t need to sell your production. Rather, focus on education and informing the audience when it comes to some key benefits and features.
When it comes to the final product, we have been delivering in 4k for nearly five years so I am ashamed to see the odd filmmaker delivering lower quality than that. Especially when GoPros and even our phones are shooting 4K. Currently we shoot on Red Digital Cinema cameras which capture 5K and above.
Because these files are so large, we use video publishing sites such as YouTube, Vimeo and even Facebook Twitter and Instagram. These allow us to publish and host the video content which easily gets shared among viewers.
Things that You Need to Avoid
In terms of Music, there are tons of royalty-free options online. Don’t do what I did and just grab any great video you come across. After finalizing your production and uploading to YouTube, you may get a copyright claim or demonetization on your video. Not to mention, some annoying ads may appear and you may even get a copyright strike on your channel. This terrifying endeavor could have your video pulled or your music being stripped. Consequently, leaving a sad and silent video.
Additionally, one of the greatest challenges of editorial is turning eight hours of footage into a small 60 second clip or 90 second clip or 120 second clip. let alone weaving a story. It takes a lot of patience and continuous work to get that amazing outcome.
This is exactly why our company works with tons of producers and editors because we have tested a variety of people to find out what they really think the boat video production and whether or not they can produce a polished spot.
Learn more about our event filming here!
Tips for a Strong Highlight Video in Vancouver
Here are some great tips to work with that special someone who can bring your Brand’s amazing Vision to life!
- Do a serious casting where you look at tons of people’s real and experience to understand their work, passions and desires. This gives you an idea what genre and style they excel at.
- Meet the person and make sure you connect on your vision and can’t wait to execute on this production. You should have a great feeling about riding into battle with this person but not necessarily going for a beer with them.
- Ideally you can trust them with your house keys and with your project vision 😉
- Give that person a test and see if they respond quickly, deliver on the outcomes you defined and can’t wait to do another. This seems simple but it’s a highly challenging skill.
- Once you have that great person who you have tested and can’t wait to work with expand the production to give them a strong and amazing highlight video project. Give them all that great footage, some ideas on a script, some music and voice over if you have one.
- We give our editors as many assets as possible which could include motion 6 and even visual effects elements. It helps to define a style and incorporate the brand messaging in a polished way which aligns with the brand’s style.
I hope those ideas helped with how to create an amazing production. Looking forward to working with you on your project!Make sure to reach out, let’s do a session and unpack your vision!
Check out our great samples here!
Video Maker in Vancouver from a Company with Samples
About the Author
Colter Ripley is the Executive Producer for Red+Ripley and a Video Producer.
We’ve been producing videos for over 18 years after winning film festivals nearly two-decades ago.
Colter is certified in digital film with a specialization in cinematography. He has a multimedia diploma and handles project management as a certified business coach.
His main focus is a collaborative and custom video production. Moreover, he guarantees lots of customer service and the final product clients are excited to share!
If you’re looking at working with a great producer for animated explainer video production, definitely give us a call or fire us an email. We’ve been doing this for so many years it’s pretty easy to quickly help.
Email us to discuss your production!