Event Video in Vancouver, Using Commercial Standards
Event video Vancouver and production can be one of the Ultimate Dream experiences for any videographer!Inside every producer or filmmaker’s heart is a creative and free spirit. He or she wants to go on adventures and shoot cool, interesting stuff.
Women Wanting More from Red+Ripley on Vimeo.
Of course, the realities of producing for a brand and representing a company is always a balance… I’ve always love finding golden nuggets of beautiful cinematography, even in the simplest of events.
The dark and disturbing truth for any videographer is being forced to do a poor or low quality piece.
I absolutely recommend working with your video producer when capturing an event. Ask them some questions, them find their passion for the project. Learn more about independent film companies Vancouver.
Event Video in Vancouver, The making
A little bit of creative freedom, some beautiful shots, nice color correction. Plus, a musical track will emphasize the emotion of the brand. These simple elements can bring a lot of heart and passion to the piece.
In terms of technical lingo, here are some production specs and standards I recommend.
- Get there early, stay late and capture as much content as possible and always overshoot and over-capture because you never know if that hard drive full of footage will be put to good use in the future.
- Get a variety of shots, moving shots, incidental shots, anything and everything that is happening
- Using Parallax Shots by shooting with a drone, capturing that initially establishing shot and generally roaming around the premises to give a feeling of space and freedom of movement so we establish the location and what’s going on.
- Covering using movement, especially a minimum of handheld shots using a shoulder rig. A lot of DSLR or more simple consumer cameras have a slight shake that goes along with the rolling shutter effect. Even with Red Digital Cinema and high quality cameras.
- Instead of going simple with a shoulder rig, why not get a proper slider, or just do some smooth movement. I’ve always loved the use of Glidecams and capturing footage with slight Parallax movements, this gives a sense of depth and feels more engaging.
- Finally, capture a variety of footage and angles. I always over-deliver when it comes to shots, shooting wide and close and long lens and moving and everything else you can think up!
The Equipment to Capture an Event Video Vancouver Style
Couple of basic specs for the camera standards;
- Capture in 4k or above, I have been capturing in 5K for nearly five years and I love the Red Digital workflow but each to their own in terms of camera quality. I know when you get into DSLR footage, 4K is a minimum because of the resolution and crispness loss which goes with 2K or 1080p HD footage.
- I prefer keeping an ISO, f-stop and shutter similar throughout the piece. You can to find a certain style and look, these settings can contribute to it.
- Although going Simple and Clean with your picture Style by having properly composed images, blacks and whites that are properly exposed and a picture profile which is just true to the actual location. Including, color or white balance.
- After capturing true, clean images with clear audio, more modification can be done later including audio adjustments, color adjustments and generally spicing up the piece with musical or transitional effect elements.
These are some of the things we do in event video production Vancouver.
Standards to get the Best Scene
We are one of the best event video production companies, with excellent samples. When you’re getting excited about all of these standards, you might get obsessed about consistency but here are a couple ideas for ways you can have complete inconsistency and make your project look amazing!
- First, shoot with a variety of cameras. Make sure those pictures are properly composed with; incorporating images, footage, drone shots, to Glidecam shots, shoulder rig shots, interviews, and even a variety of other shots. You can even use a GoPro, for all of these work and look great in the edit when building novelty and variety!
- Secondly, don’t just get those beautiful images but also get some interviews too, working with voice overs and interviews, and even some strong musical influence, can bring your piece alive.
Natural but Lasting Event Videography Experience Captured in Camera
Generally, when were talking about event video production and event videography we are referring to incidental footage capture. This process is something like broadcast where you have a camera operator roaming around. Capturing anything and everything that is happening.
Jaguar: The Reinvention of Luxury from Red+Ripley on Vimeo.
When we start to expand the project, as one of an event production companies, we might move into a corporate video where we have; pre-scheduled actions such as interviews, people doing activities. Including, any shots of the location or specialty shots of certain products or services being performed.
Then when we really step up and get into commercial, some of the main differences are in the level of planning involved in the story. We are an event video production Vancouver.
The main differentiation with any commercial is often the scouting and casting of talent, locations, properties and other production details which support the narrative and the script.
Commercials are often highly pre-production focused. And working with the director, building a concept and script, looking at boards, and reference videos. In addition, it includes finding color styles, editorial styles and promotional outcomes.
Kevin Hydes of Integral from Red+Ripley on Vimeo.
Regardless of whether you’re doing an event videography production, corporate video production or commercial, you can easily plan extra and do more and focus on that amazing story and make it pop!
The ultimate villain and enemy of any good production is a client and producer relationship which isn’t tight and collaborative.
The client and produce a relationship is the crux of any great production! As an event video production Vancouver, we make this happen. Learn more about video editor Vancouver.
Any great video is simply a collection of people coming together to make up project come alive. Choose smart and capable people and give them the space and opportunity to do their roles well! Event production companies, will give you the vision you want.
Having a great vision, forming a specific target viewer avatar and building out some specific outcomes in order to achieve. This is the heart and most crucial element of any production.
About the Author
Colter Ripley is the Executive Producer for Red+Ripley and a Video Producer. We’ve been producing videos for over 18 years after winning film festivals nearly two-decades ago.
Colter is certified in digital film with a specialization in cinematography. He has a multimedia diploma and handles project management as a certified business coach.
Furthermore, his main focus is a collaborative and custom video production. Which guarantees lots of customer service and the final product clients are excited to share!
Red+Ripley Video Production from Red+Ripley on Vimeo.
So if you’re looking at working with a great producer for animated explainer video production, definitely give us a call or fire us an email. We’ve been doing this for so many years it’s pretty easy to quickly help.
Email us to discuss your production!