In Filming and Video Services, It’s so Powerful to Find a Great Client who Loves Their Product and Can’t-Wait to Bring it to the World!
Filming and Video Services in Vancouver. As filming and producing videos in Vancouver is getting more and more common. Whether it’s multi-camera shoots, filming an event or complete commercial video production. Vancouver film industry is taking off.
One of the indications is the number of film permits for TV shows, documentaries and even photography and student filming requests.
There are a lot of video production companies that provide services such as corporate video shootings. This generally requires studio filming, video editing, narration, motion graphics, and other polishing elements.
Filming and Video Services on Creative BC
Filming and video services are normally about getting a professional videographer and camera operator to cover your subject matter.
Moreover, we have a series of videographers on-call through our great roster with a wide range of experience supporting you in producing your film and television production spot.
We have experienced camera operators that range all the way up to professional commercial crews across Canada and the US.
When it comes to the final project, of course, you own all your final files and everything. We provide is raw footage and ready for the editing process.
You can check out what is filming in Vancouver and know more about it. There are also many amazing Vancouver filming locations you can even visit. if you want, you can also check the lists of these amazing Productions in Creative BC.
Standards in Filming and Video Services
Film industry standards are quite different and may include larger teams and a production chain process. Filming is generally a high-quality and refined process in line with commercial standards.
Some crucial elements to any production
- Discovery sessions to meet your producer and expand on your plan to develop the concept
- Research to find reference videos and elements to take inspiration for the production which may include a shot list
- Pre-production which is the scheduling booking an organization of people, properties, locations and any other assets you need to be in front of the camera
- Production is the shooting and acquisition of visual elements captured on your media by the superstar team
- Post-production and editorial is the supervision of aniline story which complements the brand, vision, and outcomes of the production
The simple workflow can be expanded or contracted depending on the client’s budgets and financial goals. Sometimes we work with clients that only have a thousand or $2,000 so if we scale things down. It means, that a reduction in hours and team roles.
Expanding Commercial Standards
As things expand up to commercial standards our client might be looking in the range of $20,000 to $100,000 depending on who they work with.
When it comes to filming amazing productions here are a couple of my favorite tips.
- Make sure you work with a producer you absolutely love and are excited to go into battle with. This person will be representing your brand and supporting all the elements of your production so it’s important that you are aligned on a vision
- The vision is such an important point of any production, having an exciting and inspiring big vision that helps align the production components and enroll your team in your big idea.
- Having keys specific measurable outcomes helps to find the target for the production. With these elements, you can measure success and know whether or not your production hit the mark.
- Finally, aligning everything around your target viewer with an avatar and having a specific profile built-out with their age, demographics, location, income and any interests that are relevant.
Proper high-quality commercial production tends to run closer to $100,000 per project due to the volume of hours it takes to book, schedule and organize any production as well as the number of team members required with lots of experience.
One of my favorite parts of any production is working with the client to research their project and unpack their vision. It’s so powerful to find a great client who loves their product and can’t wait to bring it to the world.
Video, One of the Most Powerful Method
Video is one of the most powerful communications and advertising methods when it comes to influencing your viewer. Of course, text and images will never become irrelevant but the video is a great way to quickly transmit information.
I’ve seen a lot of producers use video when it comes to influencing their consumers by creating an action-packed brand message and associating it with a lifestyle and visuals components. This is a great strategy depending on the story.
Although, the polishing and refinement of great film production is the most challenging element, in particular. As it is an advanced skill to bring a production to a level of polish which looks great on screen. If you do it enough you start to get a feel for what a great production looks like.
This is exactly why I recommend checking reference videos and carefully researching the market and any other projects done.
Humor, a Challenging Element to Portray
Humor can be one of the most challenging elements to portray. It takes an advanced director and writer to work with talent who fully expands on that production.
If you’re looking to do an amazing production, contact us today to do some Discovery sessions and unpack and expand your vision. There are so many great ideas and we can unpack yours and look at some options for producing.
One of the biggest benefits to any client is to ask questions and dive deep into what will fit with their production. The idea of a client just handing things over to the professionals and leaving everything else on the table is risky.
Guide your team with an empowering vision another exciting set of outcomes that get them inspired!
About the Author
Colter Ripley is the Executive Producer for Red+Ripley and a Video Producer.
We’ve been producing videos for over 18 years after winning film festivals nearly two-decades ago.
He is also certified in digital film with a specialization in cinematography. He has also a multimedia diploma and handles project management as a certified business coach.
Furthermore, his main focus is on collaborative and custom video production. Additionally, it guarantees lots of customer service and the final product clients are excited to share!
So if you’re looking at working with a great producer for animated explainer video production, definitely give us a call or fire us an email. We’ve been doing this for so many years it’s pretty easy to quickly help.
Email us to discuss your production!