YouTube is a part of everybody’s life now. Kids watch videos through it and most adults spend their days browsing for cat videos, music videos or viral videos. There is no denying that in terms of visibility, it is at the top of its game. It was absolutely a genius move to put in advertising in every video that any person streams. Any commercial that is shown there is basically seen by approximately 3.25 billion people worldwide. Marketing Strategists now considers YouTube as a major factor when it comes to video and here is why.
- YouTube has over a billion users — almost one-third of all people on the Internet — and everyday people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views.
- YouTube overall and even YouTube on mobile alone reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube has launched local versions in more than 88 countries.
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages (covering 95% of the Internet population).
Some of the best brands actually use YouTube to extend their reach and to maintain engagement to their prospective clients and consumers. Pixability even conducted a study – “The Top 100 Global Brands: Key Lessons for Success on YouTube,” which discussed how the Top 100 Global Brands built a great presence on YouTube. However, as YouTube has such a massive following, it was hard to effectively market the video content they produce.
To be able to be competitive in the world of video marketing and YouTube marketing itself, here are a few key ingredients that Marketers and Companies should have in mind in producing video content.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine.
- YouTube SEO has very different standards than traditional SEO.
- The best performing 25% of the Top 100 Global Brands took more focus in optimizing their videos and channels and maintaining twice the number of playlists and video tags.
- Consistency in Video Content
- Successful brands have 50% more videos on their channel compared to the least successful ones.
- Best-performing brands publish high volumes of content on a regular basis.
- Top brands publish approximately 78 videos per month. Leading media brands produce more and are close to 500 videos per month.
- Overproduction VS Quality Content
- The best YouTube marketers produce a broader range of video content.
- Videos do not need to be prime-time quality because those with lower production value can be just as effective. All it takes is a good content.
- Top performers consistently brand their videos in both the video content as well as in metadata, which comprises of titles, tags, and descriptions.
- A quality level of branding within videos is essential because successful YouTube videos are often used outside of the context of a branded YouTube channel, such as website embedding.
- Over-branding may limit sharing within independent communities of interest.
- Facebook and Twitter are among the most important sources of traffic on YouTube within the Top 100 Global Brands.
- Sharing videos on social networks, and video content is a good way of boosting visibility.
- The top 25% of brands had significantly higher social sharing of video than the bottom 25%.
In terms of Video Marketing, YouTube has a big impact and it is safe to say that Marketers need to be looking more and more into it in the future. The Top 100 Global Brands have been able to prove that video content is critical element and YouTube indeed has changed the world of Marketing.
About Red Ripley
We are a Vancouver video production team. We partner with top companies and brands. We craft powerful stories that move and influence viewers. We use promotion to bring it to their target audience. We have fun doing it.
Want to see what we recommend?