There are thousands of independent production companies going on at any given time. It is not just productions shooting in Vancouver – but a thriving local industry.
Plenty of local television and video production companies and independent film companies Vancouver. This is what I realized when I got out of film school and started working in the film industry.
Because of an independent production company has traditionally meant that you are separate from the larger studio workflow supporting the film industry.
Projected Market Share of Local Independent Film Companies Vancouver
Vancouver market has over 1.2 million people and was able to support nearly 100,000 businesses and nearly 10,000 companies grossing over 1 million per year. So it means if every large company needs a video every 5 years, there are roughly 2,000 independent film production companies each year in Vancouver and we are one of those!
There are three distinct areas of independent production in Vancouver.
- Vancouver as a service industry to California and other areas of the states, created by a strong tax incentive program mixed with a great exchange rate. Encouraging independent film production companies to shoot north of the Border.
- Secondly, a thriving commercial video production mostly supports local brands in their social and web advertising needs. Mostly local video production companies in a business-to-business environment.
- Finally, the third major area of independent production companies refers to the videographer or independent producer. What we like to call a filmmaker!
Fruitful Venture of Independent Film Companies Vancouver
Film-making has a great name right now because commercial, web and social production have all been placed in the hands of anyone with a camera (or an iPhone for that matter).
Our company has been producing for over a decade now and we’ve seen budgets reduce and the technology has become more approachable.
I was part of productions budgeted in the 100,000 to $500,000 range just 10 years ago but that has slowly shifted. Many large companies know they can get great commercial spots in the $20,000 range now. So maybe their budgets have introduced but they’re getting four or five productions for the price of 1, 5 years ago.
Being an Independent Production Company
To summarize, anything outside of traditional Studio environments is called an independent production. Local video production companies have been producing independent works for decades and the volume continues to increase.
If you’re looking to take your workflow to the next level, send us an email and we will work in a collaborative environment where we asked lots of questions and look to thoroughly understand your project so as to build out a thorough production book so you can see everything on paper.
The true Mark of an independent production company is one where you don’t have to transition from director to producer to production company. Then to post-production to sound house and all those other departments which absorb cash.
Points to Consider
- Working with one company that can handle everything allows you to stay in control and work collaboratively so your vision isn’t lost in the transition from company to company to get your production finished.
- Work directly with a great executive producer that you trust. You need someone to advise you, provide creative direction and navigate the complicated production environment.
- There’s no reason and independent film production companies shouldn’t be streamlined and thoroughly professional. So stay away from the traditional Studio environment by going with the local and independent video production company.
How we do it
Check out our process page to learn how we make awesome videos for your brand or agency. We research your company first and provide measurable and achievable outcomes. We bailed out your entire production on paper in a production book document.
We just ask that you come to the table with a vision, your great idea. Plus having some measurable success outcomes that we can work towards and achieve. These will help us determine whether or not we were successful at the end of the project.
The most important part of any production is the viewer. Understanding your target viewer and speaking in their language and even using their demographic helps a lot. So advanced viewer profiling strategies are something any local video production companies and can do in the house.
Contact us today to discuss your budget so we can craft something creative for your digital campaign.
About the Author
Colter Ripley is the Executive Producer for Red+Ripley and a Video Producer. We’ve been producing videos for over 18 years after winning film festivals nearly two-decades ago.
He is also certified in digital film with a specialization in cinematography. He has a multimedia diploma and handles project management as a certified business coach.
Furthermore, his main focus is on collaborative and custom video production. This guarantees lots of customer service and the final product clients are excited to share!
So if you’re looking at working with a great producer for animated explainer video production, definitely give us a call or fire us an email. We’ve been doing this for so many years it’s pretty easy to quickly help.
Email us to discuss your production!