I love animation production videos because they easily explain concepts, products, and services
Breaking them down into simple and attractive motion visuals. Working with your producer and collaborating is an important part of the process. We work with our clients to develop a Production Book. It will have all the elements of the animation production or any production on paper before we actually go about capturing any of the assets.
When everything is laid out on paper, the production can be reviewed by the client and the collaboration can start. A high-performing team is one that over communicates and even debate certain points to make sure the right decisions are made.
There are many amazing animation production companies in Vancouver that do great production work for broadcast. So we have a big amazing pool of great talent to pull from on any production.
Take your brand to the next level by using animation
Create exciting and compelling commercial advertising using Animation Production. You’ll need someone who is well-versed with the animation production industry. In order to support your plan, the scope of the project, the budget… And a team to bring your production to life. If so, you have come to the right place!
Animation has drawn people, regardless of any demography, together in a way that sometimes writing or live-action could not deliver instantly. It can attract the attention of a lot of viewers through its colorful and lively portrayal of your brand. With a holistic approach, we will bring out the best animation for your video needs!
Moreover, the animation production industry is roughly split into three different industries:
- Local Vancouver advertising
- National broadcast marketing
- International animation services
The thriving local advertising market
It’s confusing because everyone in Vancouver has a lot of exposure to film industry productions. But there is a thriving local advertising market too.
Nearly everyone in Western Canada looks at Vancouver’s hot-bed of talent in order to produce animated advertisements and branded productions.
The international animation production industry have fueled by Los Angeles and New York. Producers are coming to Vancouver and other international locations to take advantage of the tax incentives, amazing talent and overall production services.
Your step-by-step guide in making a great animation production
Might come next after selecting an executive producer. Although the word producer seems like a big fancy title. This person handles project management and contract work when it comes to project management.
Start by identifying the problems that your product or service helps to solve. Then, come up with a summarized solution to these problems. Moreover, dig deeper into the features and benefits of the product or service supported by a strong guarantee, important credibility, and legitimacy.
Cap it all off with a strong call to action. Show a clear description of your next steps and logo bumper to finish.
Understanding the animation production workflow is essential to successfully manage your team and your production. So that you can deliver each phase on time in a smooth experience.
The commercial production workflow
The commercial animated production workflow is a scaled-down film industry-standard method suited for a reduced team and high-quality productions. Below are a few of our steps in production;
- Story development is where you create the vision and script for the production process
- Scripting is where the story is brought to life with text descriptions of characters, environments, props, and actions.
- Storyboarding is when the scenes are broken down into panels that show the creative direction and all the visual components.
- Visual boards are simplified methods of storyboarding just visuals where generic images, sketches, or screenshots are used as a reference.
- Visual development is where an illustrator or graphic designer develops the visual look and feel for the production.
- The illustrations or graphics have brought to life a second time using motion-graphics.
- Each character must have texture and color so that they conform to an artistic theme.
- The actual animation production process is where characters are rigged with 3D skeletons. So the joints can be supported and moved to the needs of a story
- Collaboration and feedback are important aspects of the post-production phase. As the client’s interaction is crucial to aligning a look and feel in line with the brand.
- Deliveries begin such as the narrative cut phase, rough cut, fine cut and final deliveries.
- Music and sound design are crucial elements of emotion.
- Often working with a composer to mix the sound of facts that complement the action on the screen.
- Color grading is the last stage which is mostly about consistency.
- Polishing the final look and style throughout the production.
Scaling down the production to be more cost-effective
In order to scale down your production to be more cost-effective. Working with a few strong contractors is the way to go. We have hundreds of people on our roster which we can choose the right style and look for any production.
It’s crucial that the visuals fall in line with the brand and the style of animation production. But the story is the most important part. Since its important to accentuate the brand’s energy and message.
The production will have to be summarized into a script in which a voiceover is recorded. The selection of a voice-over artist is also a crucial point. Because different voices have a very different vibe depending on who you work with.
We make the best style in animation production in Vancouver
Once we understand more about the brand, it becomes more and more obvious. What style of animation is best to hold the interest of the viewer or potential customer.
So that’s why we explore and research the client and their brand. In order to make a recommendation with some frames that show the look and feel of the production.
Animation production is amazing, that you can have a clear style and look before even getting into editing.
Please contact us today, I hope we get to work with you on your production!
About the Author
Colter Ripley is the Executive Producer for Red+Ripley and a Video Producer.
We’ve been producing videos for over 18 years after winning film festivals nearly two-decades ago.
Colter is certified in the digital film with a specialization in cinematography. He has also a multimedia diploma and handles project management as a certified business coach.
Furthermore, his main focus is on collaborative and custom video production. This guarantees lots of customer service and the final product clients are excited to share!
So if you’re looking at working with a great producer for animated explainer video production. Definitely give us a call or fire us an email. We’ve been doing this for so many years it’s pretty easy to quickly help.
Email us to discuss your production!