I’m Going to Give you the Video Production Cost Breakdown and Analysis from Vancouver Local Companies, Stay Tuned for the Goods!
I might as well give you all the good stuff right off the bat so you have a quick summary.
And oh yes, our company does video production and corporate videos for local brands and commercials for YouTube and social advertising. So yes we have lots of experience doing this type of work… And I can give you a couple ideas of where to start. More on that soon.
I’ve been working as a video production company for 20 years so I’ve seen a lot of cost fluctuation. Our company has been responsible for an adjustment in the video production cost in Vancouver. We have led the low commercial video production cost… And high-quality video production costs for local brands and companies by having lower overhead and fast turnaround times.
Considerations in Dealing with Video Production Cost
One of the ways we’ve kept costs low is by working with contractors and keeping our overhead expenses lower. So take that into consideration when it comes to dealing with a professional company. Because lots of companies have locations space and studios with the full-time staff they are supporting.
I found there’s a big driver from production companies Vancouver to get business in through the door and several of our competitors like Oh Boy Productions, Media. Agency, BaseTwoMedia and On-Demand Production Network all have sales teams and dedicated salespeople who are chasing down clients.
Right now we just do simple outreach online and build a massive client list and network of clients so we don’t spend much on the sales process and certainly look to acquire referrals and business from clients who know about our services or have heard about our work.
Ideas on Pricing Video Production
It helps that we’ve been in business for so many years and a lot of people know our company. In fact, I know a lot of the local companies and who work in marketing at their firm too.
Here are a couple of ideas on price:
- When you’re dealing directly with a videographer or individual producer who is working out of their house or has training… And experience producing commercials incorporate video shows or event videos. You’ll be looking in the range of 50 to 75 per hour and project expenses ranging from 1,000 to 3000 per project.
- When you’re dealing with scaled-down production costs which is simply a group of filmmakers or producers. Sometimes there is an income share or several roles divided up between a few friends. These companies are simple and cost-effective with low overhead. You’ll be looking in the range of 75 to 100 / project and is of 5 to 10000 per project.
- When you get into proper commercial production costs who handle corporate videos and Professional Services for Brands. You might be looking at an RFP process to find a video production cost and proposal for services. So you make sure you’re getting high-quality work, these types of projects start in the $10,000 range in can move up to the 30 and $50,000 range.
More Ideas on Pricing Video Production
More ideas on price:
- When you’re dealing with proper advertising agencies and local commercial Production Services companies. These are the guys that do car ads for Bentley and new product launches from Microsoft. You might be looking in the range of $50,000 to start but a commercial campaign could run you several hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Finally, the last category is proper film industry standards which are almost done affordably for any local company. These standards utilize the costing chain which is a film industry-standard workflow starting with an executive producer who hires directors and producers and cinematographers. Who then add their favorite team members and contractors below. After Production Services have completed the product is handed off to post-production house. Maybe a sound house, maybe a visual effects company and maybe other Production Services. The variety of professional companies keeps a very polished and high standard production but expects this production standard to start in the $100,000 range and go up to $500,000 per project or campaign.
Amazing Ideas on Savings Money and Getting the most of your Production
Here are a couple of amazing ideas when it comes to saving money and getting the most out of your production.
There are some key elements to any production costs that often need to be built out and they can be reused for future productions.
Here is a rough list to give you an idea:
- Script story and idea
- Director and production team
- On-screen Talent
- Locations, properties, and special expenses
- Effects, Motion Graphics and visual effects
- Post Production Services and video editing Vancouver
- Sound effects, audio engineering, and mixing
Now you can see right away that if you do a campaign with multiple spots, you can immediately save on video production costs and drop your total cost per projects down by 1/2 or 3/4.
For example, if you reuse the same talent for multiple productions or maybe you build out some visual effects which can be used for multiple sports, this gives you production costs. Which can be repurposed for other productions.
Now obviously when you’re shooting interviews and specific information in a corporate video format maybe this might not be relevant. But when it comes to YouTube, online, social publishing and video projects made for the web. You might be able to take advantage of doing multiple spots and even dropping your production costs and price down to $1,000 / video!
Understanding Video Production Costs
One of the reasons we push for discovery sessions and phone calls with our clients is that it makes it easy to understand their production costs and what kind of standards they are going for. This allows us to have a quick phone call. Which can last less than an hour but give us a good idea of what kind of project they’re trying to produce… And what would be the most efficient way to get video production costs.
We’ve been producing commercial projects for nearly nineteen years starting when my partner and I won a couple of film festivals in high school. From there, things took off and we started producing more and more projects until we were producing over 100 projects per year. Some of our busiest years we have produced 150 commercials so you start to see some consistent trends.
One of the reasons so many people work with us is that we have a collaborative and customer service-oriented method. This allows us to get to know your project, your vision, the outcomes for your project and your target viewer so we can do a great job producing a custom project just for you.
So give us a call today and maybe we can help expand your idea and build out a great project. Whether it’s starting at $500 for a couple of hours of shooting or expanding to a proper commercial budget with film industry standards, we have you covered!
I hope we get to work together, thanks so much for checking out the video production costs article!
About the Author
Colter Ripley is the Executive Producer for Red+Ripley and a Video Producer. We’ve been producing videos for over 18 years after winning film festivals nearly two-decades ago.
Colter is certified in the digital film with a specialization in cinematography. He has a multimedia diploma and handles project management as a certified business coach.
His main focus is collaborative and custom video production. This guarantees lots of customer service and the final product clients are excited to share!
If you’re looking at working with a great producer for animated explainer video production, definitely give us a call or fire us an email. We’ve been doing this for so many years it’s pretty easy to quickly help.
Email us to discuss your production!